Sunday, April 10, 2011

Aunt Tammy's Casserole

After going out with my boyfriend for a few months I asked him what his absolute favorite food was and he responded, "Aunt Tammy's Casserole". After a little bit of research I was able to find this recipe and make it for him. I've made it twice and so far every time he's eaten it faster than I can take a picture! (haha, JK, I just forgot).
Recipe: 1 lb. ground beef
small chopped onion
3-4 ounces cream cheese (or 8 ounces per my boyfriend's request)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can corn with liquid (don't drain)
1 "soup can" milk  (this was confusing to me so I just assumed evaporated milk so that's what I used)
1 package egg noodles (nearly cooked)
Bring water to boil for noodles. Brown ground beef and onion. Salt and pepper to taste. Add cream cheese and mix up until cheese is mostly melted. Add soup, corn, and milk; stir together. Add egg noodles. Add more milk if needed to cvoer all noodles. Put in casserole dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Even though I dont' have a picture of Phil getting his Aunt Tammy's casserole, here is how he looked when I gave it to him. This picture below is a good example of what happens several times a day in our apartment :) Here he was getting the Oatmeal-coconut chocolate bar aka flapjack.

After I made it twice Phil told me that his Aunt Tammy didn't acutally bake it in a casserole dish that she just cooked and served it from a large crock-pot. I have really wanted a crock-pot for quite sometime so this may be the motivation I need to finally invest in one! And below is a picture of him getting one of his favorites: Ice cream-coffee milkshake (served in a wine glass).
"Dats a happy shugy"

2 comments:

Christine's Pantry said...

Happy Easter!

Christine
christinespantry.blogspot.com

steve said...

i miss your posts, i hope you guys continue this blog, i think it will have great success if you keep going!!