Saturday, February 5, 2011

Busy Day Cake

Well after contemplating for 3.5 hours what kind of cake to make and looking through 3 different cook books, I started to doze off and lose all desire to bake; as my tiredness was quickly kicking in. I suddenly came upon, "Busy Day Cake" in the Better Homes and Gardens Easy Everyday Cooking Cookbook. I thought, "Perfect, I am tired, have a sweet tooth after dinner (as always), and afterall, it really HAS been a busy day!" I improvised a little by adding to it an icing "drizzle" that was apart of another recipe I was considering (but will now save for another time) called "Apple Cake".
Overall, it basically turned out a lot like Cornbread, but hey, who doesn't like cornbread!? It was semi-crumbly, semi moist, and pretty basic in taste. I added with it some "Bigelow Ginger Snappish Tea" with Larissa's gift of "Crockett's Desert Blossom Honey". If it weren't for the icing drizzle, the cake would be in dire need of something else. Similarly, if it weren't for the honey addition, I could of passed on the tea.

The drizzle I made is very basic: powdered sugar, vanilla, and a tiny bit of milk (I used Organic 1%).
The Bigelow tea says it's "Ginger Snappish" tea which appealed to me because I LOVE everything Ginger! This tea should more acccuratley be called, "Lemon tea with a hint of Ginger". I don't care for it because I am not a big Lemon Tea fan, and that's definitley what it is.
One of my favorite ways to enjoy a sweet treat is to put it on cute and girly plates; it's just so much more enjoyable that way! These plates were given to me by my mom and I love using them for desserts or afternoon snacks! Also, this honey is a Larissa favorite and it is great in tea or on warm butter toast.

Well the pictures area  little blurry and 2 of the plates are actually dirty with cake and honey. Overall, the cake did the job in terms of being fast, easy, and satisfying my sweet tooth but it isn't the most exciting recipe out there! Next time I am doing "Apple Cake"! Good night for now! ~~A~~