Friday, February 18, 2011

Taco Salad anyone?

I love Taco Salad, but whenever I (or many other women I know) order them in restaurants we substitute the taco shell bowl for a regular bowl because we can't help ourselves from eating the fabulously gigantic tortilla chip made into a 1,000 calorie bowl! Which, in turn makes us leave our supposedly "healthy" lunch choice feeling horribly guilty! Tonight I made a really good taco salad and the best part about it was my boyfriend really liked it too!

So here it is: amazing guacamole (all made from scratch), organic sweet corn, oven baked chicken flavored with a spicy taco seasoning packet, organic black beans, shredded cheese, cherry tomatoes (for looks), crunched up tortilla chips, and jalapeno ranch dressing. Many great guacamole recipes exist but my boyfriend and I keep it simple and it always turns out great: avocado, tomatoes, onion, garlic, jalapeno, lime juice, and salt; we make it at least once a week.
Okay, okay, well this salad really isn't that healthy, but I saved a few calories by removing the taco shell bowl~! I did not have store-bought jalapeno ranch but I did have a jalapeno, and uh... ranch, so...walah, I made semi-homemade jalapeno ranch dressing and it was good! The picture is a little blurry but they really turned out looking quite pretty. ~~A~~

4 comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

I love taco salad and always have my eyes open for new versions. You can bake your tacos and save scads of calories and still enjoy an edible bowl. The bowl always makes it seem more authentic. I hope you have a great weekend. Blessings...Mary

Unknown said...

Wow this looks amazing .... I'm starving now !

xxS

http://oldgoldlove.blogspot.com/

Bluefemme said...

Looks good and healthy!
http://www.justme-bluefemme.blogspot.com/

Cuties In The Kitchen said...

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments!